Tuesday, June 05, 2012

'Beautiful Minds'

This recent BBC4 series on scientific innovators included a program on Richard Dawkins. 

It's easy to take a rise out of the old fella, but I finished watching it feeling a little sorry for him. Not only did he seem, in my view, to have been included in the series because he was Richard Dawkins, but he also shared his memory of what must have been an appalling trauma for him at the time, given the clarity with he recalled the event  60 years later; when he was seven, his grandfather made a scene because he didn't know the difference between a chaffinch and a bluetit. 

I'm quite sure the chaffinch and the bluetit didn't mind. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger James Higham said...

Feeling sorry for him - hmmmm, novel new approach. I must try it.

06 June, 2012 10:16  
Blogger Martin said...

My dear James, you might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

06 June, 2012 22:33  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home