Friday, August 26, 2011

Back On The Blog

Regular readers will have noticed that the blog has been off-line for six days. I had deleted it.

This was on account of my desire to write a book, and the blog was proving to be so much of a distraction that I could not commence that task. However, having finally started writing it last night, I realised that it would be too big a job, and that I would be unable to complete it without causing lasting damage to my health.

So with my apologies to my loyal readers, I'm back here and will stay here, unremunerated and unedited but at least able to write something that someone, somewhere might read. Blogging might be one of the most ephemeral forms of literature, its merit lying somewhere between pamphleteering and graffiti, but I find it's one of the most enjoyable to produce. I never should have stopped.

Where was I?

(Update 27/08/2011 - Some reflection has led me to believe that readers deserve an explanation of the phrase 'I would be unable to complete it without causing lasting damage to my health'.

The realisation was achieved while banging my head off the wooden leg of a sofa in my workplace, during the course of one of those seizures to which I am fortunately only occasionally prone)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim Worstall said...

Erm, beginning to write a book.

On which I would give the following advice. Write at a rate. Maybe your rate is 250 words a day (Graham Greene's rate). Maybe it's higher.

But write at your rate, no faster, and piece it together over time.

26 August, 2011 20:30  
Blogger Martin said...

Thanks, Tim. You have a good heart, mate. I'll maybe revisit it in a few months.

27 August, 2011 01:37  
Blogger PJMULVEY said...

Martin...I was depressed when your blog disappeared into the ozone...but alas three days later you are arisen. It would not have been the same without you....best regards, Patrick

27 August, 2011 22:38  
Blogger Martin said...

Thanks, Patrick.

Best,

Martin

28 August, 2011 23:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home