Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Short Thought On National Citizen Service

Anyone wanting to turn my boy into a coolie will get my stick shoved down their throat horizontally.
And anyone wanting to put a gun in his hand, this sort of shite's inevitable next step, will have to put one to my head first. Don't like being direct about these things, but that's the way it is.
Thank you, Prime Minister. You might just have given me that perfect excuse I've been looking for - to emigrate to Donegal.
Doesn't he look like a bloody Dalek in that picture?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

My thoughts exactly! Although my boys are now too old to join up.

I have visions of working class youth decked out in matching blue boiler suits marching in step in single file, picks and shovels over their shoulders, going to do their 'bit', moat cleaning and the like.

And of course undercutting the minimum wage along the way.

23 July, 2010 06:09  
Blogger Martin said...

Thanks, Chris.

23 July, 2010 07:23  
Blogger Martin Meenagh said...

My friend--you need an excuse to go to Donegal?

26 July, 2010 23:43  
Blogger Martin said...

Martin,

Of course one never needs an excuse to go - it's the excuse not to come back that's thus far been lacking.

27 July, 2010 06:01  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home