Why must the British be forced to reflect upon and celebrate the life of a shunnamatic old twister who seemed to hold everything we stand and stood for in contempt? Writing in 1962, VS Naipaul described post-Gandhi India as a nation 'constantly exchanging banalities with itself'. One cannot help but think that our obsession with Gandhi shows we're going the same way.
Saturday, October 03, 2009
- Name: Martin
Homage to Gonzoconia
The Man Who Would Be Gnome
- The World Bank Is Going Bust...
- Schools As Profit Centres
- The Thoughts Of Stephen House
- The Irish
- Congratulations To Adam Applegarth
- The Greater Question...
- Bad Things Happening To You In Poland A Long Time ...
- Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied
- Going To The Dogs
- The Merchant City's Market