Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Short Thought On Blessings

I have a loving and lovely wife, a warm and comfortable home, clothes on my back, food in the cupboard, books to read, good pastors and doctors, generally good health, few debts and a stimulating job that makes me feel socially useful.
And if all that wasn't enough, I've just returned from a walk in the crisp twilight of a winter's evening in the greatest city in the world, located in what is still a stable and orderly society.
I am blessed.
Of course, it could all be taken away from me in an instant - but this evening is just about as good as it gets, and the doings of the politicians, the chief executives and the economists can be forgotten for a while. They'll still be there in the morning; and when all's said and done, they don't really matter very much to the finding of contentment. Thanks, Lord.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paulinus said...

Amen to that.

25 January, 2009 17:26  
Blogger Martin Meenagh said...

Good for you, and amen too.

25 January, 2009 22:06  
Blogger Martin said...

Thanks, gents.

26 January, 2009 05:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home